2011/2/1 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
> Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> Finally I concluded the concern Itagaki-san raised can be solved by
>> adding code that restores client_encoding in copy_in_error_callback.
> It might happen to work today (or at least in the scenarios you tested),
> but it seems fragile as can be.
Although I thought its fragile-ness was acceptable to avoid making the
patch too complex, I agree with you.
The third patch is attached, modifying mb routines so that they can
receive conversion procedures as FmgrInof * and save the function
pointer in CopyState.
I tested it with encoding option and could not see performance slowdown.
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Thom Brown||Date: 2011-02-01 02:17:17|
|Subject: Re: Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2011-02-01 01:52:04|
|Subject: Re: Error code for "terminating connection due to conflict with recovery" |