Re: How to construct an exact plan

From: Pei He <hepeimail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to construct an exact plan
Date: 2010-08-30 19:22:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I am hacking postgresql 8.2.5. a) and b) do not work for me.

The situation is that I made a join operator, and a scan operator.
And, The join operator requires the scan operator as the inner. So, I
need to have the full control of the join plan.

I am not ready to provide the optimization support for the two new
operators. And, I want to run some performance tests before working on
the optimization part.

So, I want to know if it is possible to directly create a path or a
plan, and do a unit test for the operators.

Thanks
--
Pei