Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
Date: 2010-07-29 15:57:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> You ask the wrong person, you get the wrong result. Robert Hodges is the
> CTO and has no business worrying about mailing lists. The person you
> need to talk to is Eeryi (sp?). He is the marketing person.

I spoke to Robert because I know him, and he knows the right people. I
don't think it should be a requirement that I know the precise person
in charge to get off a mailing list.

> I am not saying they are not in the wrong here but really, if we want
> actual progress to be made we need to document the appropriate steps and
> follow them (thus use their unsubscribe links).

Which, as I have pointed out, I have also done.

I should point out that I have nothing against Continuent, and this is
presumably some sort of procedural issue in how they manage their
contact lists, rather than intentional spamming. But it is starting to
be come tiresome.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company