Re: CPUs for new databases

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ivan Voras <ivoras(at)freebsd(dot)org>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CPUs for new databases
Date: 2010-10-27 08:06:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

One last note. Our vendor at the time we ordered our quad 12 core
machines could only provide that mobo in a 1U chassis. Consequently
we bought all external arrays for that machine. Since you're looking
at a dual 8 core machine, you should be able to get a mobo like that
in almost any chassis you want.