git: uh-oh

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: git: uh-oh
Date: 2010-08-17 19:11:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
It appears that the git conversion of the CVS repository is seriously
screwed up.  For example, if you look at this:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-migration.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/REL8_3_10

The first few revs look OK, but the you get to this:

2010-02-28
	PostgreSQL...
	This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create branch REL8_3_STABLE

Prior to that commit, this history is nonsense - it appears to be the
history of our 9.0 development prior to that date.  I would say we're
going back to good old CVS.

It's too bad that nobody noticed this sooner, but I'm glad I noticed
today rather than tomorrow.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company