Re: slow index lookup

From: Anj Adu <fotographs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: slow index lookup
Date: 2010-06-23 16:59:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

The combination index works great. Would adding the combination index
guarantee that the optimizer will choose that index for these kind of
queries involving the columns in the combination. I verified a couple
of times and it picked the right index. Just wanted to make sure it
does that consistently.