Re: reassign owned to change the ownership for op class and family

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Asko Tiidumaa <asko(dot)tiidumaa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reassign owned to change the ownership for op class and family
Date: 2010-07-03 14:13:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Asko Tiidumaa <asko(dot)tiidumaa(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Currently REASSIGN OWNED complains "unexpected classid" for operator
> class and family.
>
> For example,
>
> create two users, user1 and user2
>
> under user1:
> create type oxetype as enum ('oxe1');
> create operator class oxeops
> default for type oxetype using btree as
> function 1 array_lower(anyarray,integer);
>
> and then observe "unexpected classid" error:
> reassign owned by user1 to user2
>
> So I propose a patch that goes against head, and it would be great to
> get it backported to at least 8.3 branch
>
> Comments?

Committed, with minor adjustments. This is actually against 8.3; it
needs to use the new syscache macros in head (which I did).

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-02/msg00174.php

I wonder if we should think about back-patching just the syscache.h
portion of that patch. It would simplify back-patching, and might
make life easier for people trying to write extensions that are
compatible with multiple PG versions, too.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company