Re: Email notification pgAgent

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email notification pgAgent
Date: 2010-12-29 10:12:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Okay, I'm almost done. Actually there is a problem with building the wxSMTP
> package, so it doesn't send mails yet.
> If this is done, I'm going to test it on Windows and *nix.

Ok.

> Time to take care about some other things:
> 1. I'm coding on Windows with VS 2010. I've downloaded the source files and
> run cmake to get a VS-Project. Here i made the changes. How I can generate a
> patch file with git now, because I'm not working on the original source
> files - because of the cmake step? Have I to redo the changes on *nix?

You need to update the CMakeLists.txt file from which the VC++ project
file and *nix build files are generated.

> 2. What steps are necessary to send the changes to the community? Is there a

Just send a patch (git diff) to pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

> desired process and what's about the necessary changes in the pgAdmin UI?
> Will they be done by the maintainer of pgAdmin? Of course I'm ready to
> participate in pgAdmin too, but my knowledge of C++ and wx are limited, so I
> can not promise best quality ;)

The maintainers of pgAdmin are the same people, and no, they won't
automatically update the UI for the new feature I'm afraid (they have
enough work to do just keeping up with changes in PostgreSQL). Please
give it a try yourself, and we can help you iron out any kinks or
issues you may run into.

Regards, Dave

--
Dave Page