Re: phase 2 of wxWidgets 2.9 build

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phase 2 of wxWidgets 2.9 build
Date: 2011-02-09 23:17:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I have more progress to report.

In the few cases when I saw errors like this:

XRC error: file:/home/peter/pgadmin3/pgadmin/ui/dlgIndexConstraint.xrc:170:
too many children in grid sizer: 8 > 2 x 2 (consider omitting the
number of rows or columns)

I simply removed the number of rows, and left the number of columns
as-is in each of the affected xrc files. Everything appears alright,
across wx versions.

I made a bug report, and that linker error on the Insert() member
function is now gone when building against wx SVN trunk (revision
66869). The implementation was simply omitted in their tree.

Our splashscreen has yet to re-appear, which, as I've said, isn't a
problem in 2.9.1, just in 2.9.2 devel/SVN head. The only other problem
that remains that I'm currently aware of is the AUI grey overlay
thing, which is prominent on the object browser, but also appears on
the toolbar to the right of its buttons. For some reason, when I drag
the object browser to the right of the main form, that problem goes
away.

More work is required to figure out why this is happening, but I don't
have any leads at the moment. Selectively commenting out code that
sets either the default or the stored perspective per Dave's
suggestion hasn't helped. It's probably time to ask the wx-user list
what they think. I've attached images that show differences between
2.8 and 2.9 in this regard.

I've also attached a patch that shows my work to date. The patch
doesn't affect the 2.8 build's behaviour, but makes 2.9 builds
complete successfully (if you transfer the OGL headers so that they're
in the same place as they were for 2.8, of course).

By the way, the "refresh expanded node" bug appears to have gone now.
It doesn't cause an assertion failure or anything else, which suggests
that it wasn't our fault to begin with.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
wx29_phase2_first.patch text/x-patch 45.4 KB
image/jpeg 52.8 KB
image/jpeg 49.5 KB