Re: AUTO COMMIT

From: Atif Jung <atifjung(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AUTO COMMIT
Date: 2010-07-01 16:30:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry I'm still confused. as I said in my earlier e-mail I've built the
program using the -t option for ecpg. AUTOCOMMIT is set to on, however I
still get an error when opening a declared cursor:

"DECLARE CURSOR can only be used in transaction blocks".

If I stick a EXEC SQL BEGIN WORK before declaring the cursor it seems to
work ok, but I thought the -t option saves me from having to do that each
time.

Atif