Re: Restore database form button

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore database form button
Date: 2010-10-30 08:22:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 30 October 2010 05:32, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> Le 29/10/2010 07:47, Thom Brown a écrit :
> > On 29 October 2010 15:34, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
> wrote:

> backup
> Maybe
> >>>

> >> And actually, it does. Did you do something specific for your restore?
> >> (I didn't change anything in the restore dialog, so it could be a
> >> specific option but I don't really see how that could be)
> >>

> > The scenario is using a custom backup (which happens to have the file
> > extention .sql), using 4 jobs, and not changing any other options. The
> > messages from this restore shows:
> >
> > WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 43
> >
> > Process returned exit code 1.
> >
> > All the warnings appear to be the result of attempting to set the owner
> of
> > objects to a role which doesn't exist, but as it happens, I don't
> > particularly care about that in this case. After this, the OK button
> > doesn't change to Restore or Done. Just stays as OK.
> >
> > Just retried it having created the role, and the button indeed changes to
> > Done.
> >
> > But at no point do I see a Restore button, which I'd like to see instead
> of
> > OK.
> >

> If we do this, we need to do the same on the other dump/restore dialogs.
> Dave, any objection? if no, I'll commit this patch. Oh, BTW, Thom, can
> you test it?

Hmm... getting whitespace errors even using --ignore-whitespace and a fully
sync'd repo:

/home/thom/Downloads/0001-Change-the-label-of-the-OK-button.patch:36:
trailing whitespace.
<label>&amp;Dump</label>
/home/thom/Downloads/0001-Change-the-label-of-the-OK-button.patch:49:
trailing whitespace.
<label>&amp;Dump</label>
warning: 2 lines add whitespace errors.

Is there another git option I need to be using here?

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion