Re: STL and pgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: STL and pgAdmin
Date: 2010-05-14 19:04:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Luis, hope you're well.

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi, I have just one question, I want to create a class that allow to create
> collections with enumerators/iterators to make my work easier when creating
> the database designer for GSoC, but a few years ago when I created the GQB I
> do something like that but my solution was create it for one kind of object
> (gqbObject) and create all objects in collection with that object as parent.
>
> But this time I want to do things better, and I just have one question, Can
> I use STL classes in pgAdmin?, not using wxWidgets with STL active, just
> creating some classes with STL functions or some templates but not related
> to wxwdigets classes, they will be only for use of my database designer.

If there's a wxWidgets class to do the job, I'd rather see that used
than an STL class, purely for consistency and familiarity etc. If
there's no equivalent wxWidgets class for a specific purpose, then I
have no problem falling back to STL (with an appropriate comment to
explain why).

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company