Re: pgsql: Speed up conversion of signed integers to C strings.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Speed up conversion of signed integers to C strings.
Date: 2010-11-20 12:10:56
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> Ugh.  I made an attempt at a fix to both of these issues, but I'm not
>> totally sure I got it right, and I'm too tired to stay up any later to
>> see what happens.  I'll check the BF in the morning.
>
> If you change a test that has alternative result files, you need to change
> all the result files. See src/test/regress/resultmap.
>
> In this case you missed out changing int8-exp-three-digits.out - see
> <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2010-11-20%2005%3A30%3A07>

Sorry, I always forget about the alternate expected output files,
because they never seem to be the ones that my platform needs.

Ah, the joy of debugging by buildfarm. Nothing better than having the
whole world watch your mistakes in painstaking detail!

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company