Building with wx2.9 on Mac

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Building with wx2.9 on Mac
Date: 2011-02-23 23:51:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Peter,

It seems that the wxWidgets guys have fixed the issue with 2.9 on Mac,
so I was able to try out a build today. Attached is the patch for your
review. Aside from an issue with the font selector dialog (which seems
to work OK now, thus the workaround which is broken on 2.9 anyway
isn't required), the main issue I see is this:

./dlg/dlgDatabase.cpp: In member function ‘bool
dlgDatabase::executeDDLSql(const wxString&)’:
./dlg/dlgDatabase.cpp:425: error: request for member ‘GetClientData’
is ambiguous
/usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/ctrlsub.h:297: error: candidates are:
void* wxItemContainer::GetClientData(unsigned int) const
/usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/event.h:3204: error:
void* wxEvtHandler::GetClientData() const

It's easily fixed (albeit somewhat ugly) as can be seen in the patch -
but I'm somewhat baffled about why the compiler thinks the two
functions listed are both candidates, given that one takes an argument
and the other doesn't. Any ideas?

Other problems seen so far:

- The toolbars have button labels displayed through them for some
reason (see the attached screenshot).

- Highlighting text in the STC has a weird effect on lower parts of
the sae window (see the attached screenshot).

- The wxDIALOG_MODAL flag seems to be gone.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 51.0 KB
highlighting.png image/png 74.4 KB
mac-2.9.diff application/octet-stream 15.2 KB