Re: Large objects.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large objects.
Date: 2010-09-27 14:35:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Yes, I am sure. I've tested it by test case in my original post.
> Do you can compile and reproduce it please?

I think the reason lo_read is returning 0 is because it's not reading
anything. See attached test case, cleaned up a bit from yours and
with some error checks added.

According to the documentation, the maximum size of a large object is
2 GB, which may be the reason for this behavior.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9/static/lo-intro.html

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company