Re: login error - Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "kamik"

From: LazyTrek <lazytrek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jaromír Kamler <kamler(at)centrum(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: login error - Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "kamik"
Date: 2010-11-12 22:40:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Odd - can't explain that. I've just tried creating a new user with the
syntax you used and it worked fine when connecting in afterwards.

The only possible explanation I can think of is a typo when you created the
original password (or CAPS etc) or possibly a difference in the character
set between the command line createuser executable and psql (I'm clutching
at straws though).

I personally avoid the command line utilities and do everything through
psql. Not to say they shouldn't work reliably though.

Glad its working now though!