Re: multiple -f support

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, David Christensen <david(at)endpoint(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multiple -f support
Date: 2010-07-14 03:03:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I took a stab at changing this up a little bit. I pushed the logic
that David introduced down into process_file(). In doing so I changed
up the declaration of process_file() to accept an additional parameter
specifying how many files are being passed to the function. Doing it
this way also makes use of the logic for the current single
transaction flag without turning it into dead code.

I also added a check to return EXIT_FAILURE if any error was thrown
from any of the sql files used, thus stopping execution of any further
file. Gabrielle tells me the error echoed in this event is not clear
so there is still a little more work that needs to be done.

Regards,
Mark

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-f-v2.patch application/octet-stream 4.2 KB