Re: problem connecting via ODBC when unicode (now in correct forum.).

From: Kim Mortensen <kimfmx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem connecting via ODBC when unicode (now in correct forum.).
Date: 2011-01-21 16:48:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Adrian,

Actually I havent tried to view unicode chars through the login that
succeeds, but that was a good test to see if its the connector that is
messing things up. Unfortunately im now at home, so I dont have access to
the system, so the test will have to be conducted Monday.

By the way, when looking at the create statements shown by pgadmin when I
click on the Login Role, i do see a difference, but not something that would
cause alarm.

the aaa role has a definition like: create role aaa ....

where the other with unicode have: create role "æøå"....

so the unicode is in brackets (cant remenmber if its single or double,), but
again is just something i notised, and dont think affexts anything, but
worth mentioning..

Best Regards
Kim Mortesnen