Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)

From: Daniel Loureiro <daniel(at)termasa(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Csaba Nagy <ncslists(at)googlemail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
Date: 2010-11-30 16:33:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

to me the key its security - its a anti-DBA-with-lack-of-attention feature.
If i forget the "WHERE" statement, I will delete some valid tuples and
messed up the bd, but its less-than-worst that exclude all the table. A DBA
who never forgot an "WHERE" in an "DELETE" is not an DBA. Just kidding, but
this happens often enough.

is there another option to implement this ? Its possible to be done by
plugins/extension (in a Firefox browser style) ?

Sds,
--
Daniel Loureiro