Re: pgAdmin III commit: Default role support in server configs, quick conne

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Default role support in server configs, quick conne
Date: 2010-08-25 08:16:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 24/08/2010 23:19, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>>> I would keep less on the first tab. I think we should probably only keep
>>> the required ones. So:
>>>
>>>  * tab 1, name, port, host, ssl, username, password (and perhaps store
>>>   password
>>>  * tab 2, maintenance db, rolenamen restore env., db restriction,
>>>   service, connect now, colour, group.
>>
>> I think maintenance DB should be on the first tab. I don't object to
>> moving connect now.  Not sure about colour and group though - group I
>> think should be on the first tab - and colour seems be be a natural
>> partner to it.
>>

> Something like http://lelarge.info/~guillaume/tmp/dlgServer_1.png and
> http://lelarge.info/~guillaume/tmp/dlgServer_2.png?

Looks good to me. The only changes I'd make are "Advanced" instead of
"Optional" as the new tab name, and ensure Connect Now defaults to on
for new connections.

BTW - did you mock this up directly in the XRC code (as opposed to
Gimp or something)? If so, it's probably easier for you to tweak and
commit that. Otherwise I'll look at it today.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company