operator dependency of commutator and negator

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: operator dependency of commutator and negator
Date: 2010-09-29 07:56:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When we drop an operator used by other operators as COMMUTATOR or NEGATOR,
pg_dump generates an invalid SQL command for the operators depending on
the dropped one. Is it an unavoidable restriction?

CREATE OPERATOR <<< (
PROCEDURE = text_lt, LEFTARG = text, RIGHTARG = text, COMMUTATOR = >>>
);
CREATE OPERATOR >>> (
PROCEDURE = text_gt, LEFTARG = text, RIGHTARG = text, COMMUTATOR = <<<
);
DROP OPERATOR >>> (text, text);

$ pg_dump
--
-- Name: <<<; Type: OPERATOR; Schema: public; Owner: postgres
--

--
Itagaki Takahiro