Re: GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
To: Tomáš Pospíšil <killteck(at)seznam(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data
Date: 2011-03-31 11:59:00
Lists: pgsql-students

Hi!

You came to the right list for these questions. :)

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Tomáš Pospíšil <killteck(at)seznam(dot)cz> wrote:

> In this days i am finishing XML validation patch and having review of indexing XML type with support of ltree in contrib. XML validation is in TODO. The next step is at my point of view indexing XML data. So i'm doing review of LibXML2 structures and ltree module in contrib.
>
> Result of this work will be my master thesis, so i assume this could be good start for GSoC. Unfortunately i'm new in this area and deadline is close. I don't know if this project worth for it

Another thing to do is search http://archives.postgresql.org for
previous references to XML validation in our archives.

> What about mentors? May i send email to someone in http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2011#2011_Mentors or will be selected by community if will I be choosen? Lastly what about proposal, exist any template or formal style is not necessary?

We need the details for each of the major bullet points on the main
page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/postgresql

Project Title
Name of proposer and Email
Synopsis
Benefits to the PostgreSQL Community
Quantifiable results
Project Details
Inch-stones
Project Schedule
Completeness Criteria
Bio

There are examples of successful proposals on our wiki:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2010

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com