Brio returning data through stored procedures.

From: "Doug Thom" <dthom(at)iagr(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Brio returning data through stored procedures.
Date: 2007-04-05 23:05:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello, all,

I am wondering if anybody knows how to return data to Brio through ODBC
from a function. If you are (or were) an Oracle user you may be familiar
with defining a ref cursor type and including that as an OUT parameter.
Brio then picks it up through ODBC and collects the results.

When I tried this in many different ways in Postgres the best I could
get returned was either "<unnamed portal x>" where x increments for the
number of times I tried it or what I passed in when I used the method
that allows me to have the calling procedure name the cursor. But no
data.

If anybody has run into this challenge I would love to hear if you were
or were not successful. I'd really like to hear you were successful, of
course, but if there is no way to do it then there's no point me wasting
any more time with it.

Thank you,

-Doug