Re: [sfpug] Anyone do video streaming / podcasting?

From: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [sfpug] Anyone do video streaming / podcasting?
Date: 2009-02-04 02:41:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy sfpug

I can provide all manner of camera equipment and sound goodies for
"record now / play back later" video, and will be happy to help tape
meetings (video production is my day job). The trick is getting the
streaming part set up. You need:

1. A machine that can do the on-the-fly encoding;
2. A fast enough link to upload it in realtime;
3. A content delivery network to push it out.

This might be an opportunity to approach some of the CDNs to see if
they'd be up for doing this as corporate sponsorship. I have a mate
who works at BitGravity, and I'll approach him about it.

-- Christophe