Snooth.com Seeks PostgreSQL Developer

From: mark angelillo <lists(at)snooth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Snooth.com Seeks PostgreSQL Developer
Date: 2007-09-07 14:56:44
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Snooth, the world's largest wine review site and social network, is
looking for an experienced database developer. You'll work with a
smart, dedicated engineering team to build the next generation of the
site. If you enjoy the challenges and opportunity of working with a
startup with the benefits of a mature company Snooth may be for you.

Candidates should have 3-5 years of experience working professionally
as a database architect and developer, preferably with PostgreSQL.
Strong knowledge of Perl is a huge plus as well as shell scripting
techniques. Tasks for this position will range from, but not be
limited to data processing, data integrity checking and systems
administration.

Candidates will be encouraged to implement a project from inception
to launch quickly and efficiently with attention to the application-
wide details of the implementation. Candidate will report to the CTO.

Qualifications/Requirements

* 3-5 years of database experience
* Team player
* Extremely detail-oriented and able to work quickly and independently
* Demonstrated capacity to both plan and build large scalable web
applications
* PostgreSQL experience a plus
* CS degree a plus
* Systems Administration experience is preferred

Snooth's team is smart, ambitious, and passionate; the environment is
relaxed and a lot of fun despite lots of tight deadlines. We are
focused on quick, quality completion of projects and excited by what
we do. If you like wine, that's always a plus.

If you fit the profile above, email us at jobs(at)snooth(dot)com(dot) Your cover
letter must include salary requirements and what inspired you to
apply for a position at Snooth. Resumes without cover letters will
NOT be considered.

Please reference the job title in your subject line.

About Snooth:
Snooth is revolutionizing the way people choose wine. We're the
world's largest and fastest growing wine review site and social
network. We're a nimble, fast growing, New York based, venture
capital backed company and a great place for smart, hard working
people to make a difference and help us change the wine industry.

All positions are full time, unless stated, based in New York and
come with comprehensive benefits, belying our startup status

mark angelillo
snooth inc.
o: 646.723.4328
c: 484.437.9915
mark(at)snooth(dot)com
snooth -- 1.7 million ratings and counting...