problem with stored procedure ,transaction and jdbc

From: Jiangyi <jiangyi(at)sjtu(dot)edu(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with stored procedure ,transaction and jdbc
Date: 2005-08-12 16:47:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello everyone,
I have a probem with stored procedure ,transaction and JDBC.
i am confused with the relation between stored procedure, transcation
and jdbc.

supposed I have code looks like:

set autocommit to false
call strored procedure 1
call strored procedure 2
when I call the second stored procedure, exception raised
so I close the connection and the callable statement.

My question is can I enclose the two stored procedure in a parent
transcaton
use JDBC ? If not , why?

Regards
Jiang