Application compile file using Embeded SQL in Postgres4.7.2

From: Kevin Cowley <kevin(dot)cowley(at)alchemetrics(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Application compile file using Embeded SQL in Postgres4.7.2
Date: 2004-04-27 12:51:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm trying to build an embedded SQL app in Postgres 4.7.2 and failing at the
first hurdle - Postgres itself compiles, starts, executes with no problems.

We're using gcc 3.2.2 on SLES 8

The problem I'm getting is that ecpg doesn't appear to able to generate
compilable code for something as simple as

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO :target USER :user;

/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc: In function
`Connect':
/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc:378: warning: passing
arg 2 of `ECPGconnect' makes integer from pointer without a cast
/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc:378: too few arguments
to function `ECPGconnect'

This is not the only place this type of error occurs. Elsewhere I have

EXCE SQL IMMEDIATE :stmt;

Which gives

/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc: In function
`ExecuteQuery':
/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc:447: warning: passing
arg 2 of `ECPGdo' makes integer from pointer without a cast
/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc:447: warning: passing
arg 3 of `ECPGdo' makes integer from pointer without a cast
/sandbox/cowleyke/src/SQL_Benchmarks/tst_postgres.pgc:447: warning: passing
arg 4 of `ECPGdo' makes pointer from integer without a cast

Kevin Cowley
R&D

Tel: 0118 902 9099 (direct line)
Email: kevin(dot)cowley(at)alchemetrics(dot)co(dot)uk
Web: http://www.alchemetrics.co.uk

ALCHEMETRICS LIMITED (ALCHEMETRICS)
Mulberry Park, Fishponds Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2GX
Tel: +44 (0) 118 902 9000 Fax: +44 (0) 118 902 9001
This e-mail is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must
not use, copy, disclose, otherwise disseminate or take any action based on
this e-mail or any information herein.
If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail or by using the contact details above and then
delete this e-mail.
Please note that e-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception
and unauthorised amendment. Alchemetrics does not accept any liability for
any such corruption, interception, amendment or the consequences thereof.