Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi" <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, "andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com" <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com" <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
Date: 2022-02-04 20:18:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 4 Feb 2022, at 21:03, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> I wonder about the 'not in tree' bit since it is in the header files,
> certainly for NSPR which I've been poking at due to this discussion.

What I meant was that the documentation on the website isn't published from
documentation source code (in whichever format) residing in the tree.

That being said, I take that back since I just now in a git pull found that
they had done just that 6 days ago. It's just as messy and incomplete as what
is currently on the web, important API's like NSS_InitContext are still not
even mentioned more than in a release note, but I think it stands a better
chance of success than before.

> I had hoped that they were generating the documentation on the webpage from
> what's in the header files, is that not the case then?

Not from what I can tell no.

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/