Re: [HACKERS] Win32 development question

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Bruce Momjian' <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Win32 port list <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 development question
Date: 2004-02-18 09:55:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

FWIW, I've noticed it on a handful of occasions myself, but I haven't found
a way to reproduce it consistently. I've had it fail on a virgin CVS
check-out/snapshot, only to try again on a fresh checkout/snapshot and have
it work.

What I can suggest is, if it happens, try running configure again. And wait
for it to well and truly finish before you type in the make call. As I said,
it is pretty infrequent, inconsistent, and does not appear to have any
consistent mode of failure (as I've also seen it fail very shortly into the
make due to a missing pg_config_os.h link). Perhaps it is a very infrequent
race condition related to links under MinGW/msys... [shrugs]

If it is happening consistently to you though, then this'll be of no help.

Cheers,
Claudio