fork/exec problem: DynaHashCxt

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: 'PostgreSQL Win32 port list' <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: fork/exec problem: DynaHashCxt
Date: 2003-12-03 01:36:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi all,

I'm working on getting BackendFork converted to a fork/exec model, and have
hit the following wall.

All the ShmemInitHash structures are allocated using DynaHashCxt. Clearly,
this context is going to have to be shared across backends in the fork/exec
case, but I can't see a non-trivial way of doing so.

Any ideas? (or have I mis-diagnosed the problem completely)

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a