Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist

From: "Albretch Mueller" <lbrtchx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist
Date: 2008-08-30 20:42:39
Lists: pgsql-general

> ... are times local or UTC
~
this is a rather semantic, not a syntactic issue that some code could
NOT decide based on the data it reads
~
> Should we assume integer or float?
~
is a dot anywhere in the data you read in for that particular column? ...
~
> Varchar or text?
~
Is the length of the data read in always less than 255 bytes ( or
characters?)? ...
~
You have made clear to me why my attempt for a RFE for COPY FROM CVS
has found some technical resistance/disagreement, but I still think my
idea even if not so popular for concrete and cultural reasons makes at
least sense to some people
~
DBAs ussualy have a mental map of the data they have on each table,
etc; whereas as a data analyst you find yourself constantly reading
in, cleasing and marshaling data from which you have no prior
knowledge
~
lbrtchx