Re: 7.1 ... wtf?

From: "August Zajonc" <augustz(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1 ... wtf?
Date: 2001-05-09 20:10:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm assuming you've read the manual carefully.

Please make doubley sure you configured PostrgreSQL and your system
properly. Server runtime enviroment comes to mind.

Check the error logs, its hard to beleive you are getting such blow ups with
absolutly nothing in any of the logs.

Have you turned on the most verbose loging so you can see all the
transactions on your system? Be suprising if you are still getting nothing.

If you think performance is bad as hell, and it's clearly not a
configuration or user issue (ie, pgsql is at fault), consider writing up a
proper bug report. The fact that a good number of folks successfully use
pgsql for larger installations argues I think for a configuration issue, but
it could certainly be a bug somewhere.

AZ

AZ