Re: background sessions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: amborodin(at)acm(dot)org, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: background sessions
Date: 2017-03-01 02:35:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> For additional entertainment, I include patches that integrate
> background sessions into dblink. So dblink can open a connection to a
> background session, and then you can use the existing dblink functions
> to send queries, read results, etc. People use dblink to make
> self-connections to get autonomous subsessions, so this would directly
> address that use case. The 0001 patch is some prerequisite refactoring
> to remove an ugly macro mess, which is useful independent of this. 0002
> is the actual patch.

Updated patch, mainly with improved error handling and some tidying up.

Related to this is also the patch in
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/d100f62a-0606-accc-693b-cdc6d16b9296@2ndquadrant.com>
as a resource control mechanism.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Add-background-sessions.patch text/x-patch 82.5 KB
v2-0001-dblink-Replace-some-macros-by-static-functions.patch text/x-patch 15.1 KB
v2-0002-dblink-Add-background-sessions-support.patch text/x-patch 34.0 KB