Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

From: "libra dba" <libra(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?
Date: 2008-02-14 22:41:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all,

I am new to postgresql. i am working on the PITR replication system. I have
successfully implemented the standby database. I have tested the log
shipment and the recovery process on the standby. everything is workign
fine.

Please guide me how to bring the standby database in open mode (failover).
Also it would be great if you could provide a sample trigger file.

thanks