Re: Multiple table insert using a CSV list as the datasource

From: Chris Palmer <chris(at)nodewarrior(dot)org>
To: "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multiple table insert using a CSV list as the datasource
Date: 2002-07-14 21:21:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, at 02:10 , Norman Khine wrote:

> Is there such an SQL statement where you say:
>
> Take table csv and put column 1, 2, 3 into table products where column 1
> should map to products.column1 etc etc ...
> or take table csv and put column1 and column 4 into table price

There might be a way to do all that in SQL, but I would do it with a
short Perl script using the DBI module. It's fairly straightforward, and
the DBI module's documentation is enough to get you going.

If you don't like Perl, I'm sure Python, Tcl and Ruby have similar
functionality.

--
Chris music is what numbers feel like San Francisco, CA