RE: [HACKERS] Cached plans and statement generalization

From: "Yamaji, Ryo" <yamaji(dot)ryo(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Konstantin Knizhnik' <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Cached plans and statement generalization
Date: 2018-09-28 08:45:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 0:36 AM, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

> I have registered the patch for next commitfest.
> For some reasons it doesn't find the latest autoprepare-10.patch and still
> refer to autoprepare-6.patch as the latest attachement.

I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm currently reviewing autoprepare.
I could not make it in time for the commit fests in September,
but I will continue to review for the next commitfest.

Performance tests are good results. The results are shown below.
pgbench -s 100 -c 8 -t 10000 -S (average of 3 trials)
- all autoprepare statements use same memory context.
18052.22706 TPS
- each autoprepare statement use separate memory context.
18607.95889 TPS
- calculate memory usage (autoprepare_memory_limit)
19171.60457 TPS

From the above results, I think that adding/changing functions
will not affect performance. I am currently checking the behavior
when autoprepare_memory_limit is specified.