Re: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL

From: Khangelani Gama <kgama(at)argility(dot)com>
To: Robin Iddon <robin(at)edesix(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL
Date: 2012-03-14 11:24:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

thanks, the issue we have is that we have many Linux users having root
access into the system. So they're able to access the DB by just going in as
"su - superusername". If this user is able to make any updates inside the
database it might create problems. Auditors wants PostgreSQL to tell who
updated what inside the database besides client users that access the
database from outside using some applications. So this common
"superusername" doesn't tell the actual person who got into the system and
went onto make updates inside the database because they first logged as
their linux users before as going in as postgres user called
"superusername".