Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle

From: "Rajesh Kumar(dot) Mallah" <mallah(at)tradeindia(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle
Date: 2012-05-24 16:40:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

No nothing else runs on *this* machine.
We are lucky to have such a beefy hardware dedicated to postgres :)
We have a separate machine for application server that has 2 tiers.
I am trying to reach to the point to max out the db machine , for that
to happen we need to work on the other parts.

regds
mallah.