PostgreSQL Europe elections coming up - your assistance is needed!

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Europe elections coming up - your assistance is needed!
Date: 2009-12-04 15:48:14
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello!

It's coming up on election time for the board of PostgreSQL Europe,
and we need some help. There are actually no rules set for how such an
election should be held, who should vote, how votes should be tallied,
etc. There are some ideas, but no rules set down.

So we need a working group to set up such rules, and we need this done
fairly quickly. To keep this from turning into bikeshedding, we'd like
to set up this working group and have them work together - not on the
open mailinglist - to deliver a complete proposal. But we certainly
don't want this working group to just be the pgeu board. Thus, we need
volunteers.

We have appointed Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum to head up this working
group. We would also like at least two volunteers that are *not* on
the board to help us with this. So if you are interested, or if you
have a suggestion on whom to bring in, please let us know.

And again, we're working on a tight schedule to get this all done (we
hope to hold the elections sometime around FOSDEM in february), so
please let us know ASAP.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/