Re: [INTERFACES] getting "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name" error

From: Torsten Neuer <tneuer(at)inwise(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] getting "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name" error
Date: 1998-09-16 05:11:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Clint wrote:

>I think you're right, Tom. If I run the program on my Linux box as a
>different user, I get the same error. Now, how do I set the username
>from C/C++?? I can't figure it out from the docs ...

At the first glance I would suggest you either do a chown(1) on
the program binary so that is executes as the correct user or you
have a set*id(2) call somewhere in the program source.
However, you should take care with that as this can result in a
security leak in your system.

Torsten

Friedrichshulder Weg 56 Tel: +49-4101-403605
D-25469 Halstenbek Fax: +49-4101-403606
E-Mail: info(at)inwise(dot)de WWW: http://www.inwise.de