Database Privileges

From: Markus Wigge <markus(at)cultcom(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Privileges
Date: 2001-01-17 15:27:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi PG-Admins,

I think this question is asked more often than you'd like it to be
so excuse me ...
Is there any possibility to restrict database-access user based?
When I create a user without the permission to create databases this
user has access to all available databases on the system. He can
create and drop database objects but cannot manipulate objects owned
by other users.

I don't really like this situation and I want to give exclusive right
to databases so that just the owner of it can create and drop
things.

--
bye,
Markus mailto:markus(at)cultcom(dot)de