insert and Update slow after implementing slony.

From: "Nimesh Satam" <nimesh(dot)zedo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, nsatam(at)zedo(dot)com, gauri(at)zedo(dot)com, vidhya <vidhya(at)zedo(dot)com>
Subject: insert and Update slow after implementing slony.
Date: 2008-12-17 04:03:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

We are trying to implement slony as a replication tool for one of our
database. The Insert and updates have increased by approximately double
making some of our important script slow.

The database in concern is a warehouse and we have added additional primary
key to support slony by using default vale as SERIAL for the primary key.

Can you any one let us know what we can do to speed up the queries and if it
is a good idea to use Slony for db warehouse?

Let me know if you need any further informatiom.

Regards,
Nimesh.