Re: Transactional support across multiple machines...

From: Peter Tap <ptrtap(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transactional support across multiple machines...
Date: 2010-11-17 18:55:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Maciek,

Thank you for your help.

I looked at the link you provided me. However, I am still confused. I have three
different connections to three different databases. If I call
PREPARE_TRANSACTION and COMMIT_PREPARED on each machine, it may still not be
atomic.

I would think one would need some kind of distributed transaction coordinator
such as Java Transactional API (JTA).

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Peter