dropping a user in 8.2.6

From: Rex Mabry <rexmabry(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dropping a user in 8.2.6
Date: 2008-07-08 16:44:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am using version 8.2.6

I created a role and granted all on table "instrument" in the database.  But, when I tried to drop the role, I get the following error:

mydb=# drop role system_dba;
ERROR:  role "user1" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL:  access to table mydb_admin.instrument

Is there a way to drop a role with some sort of "cascade" option?