Re: Vacuum full - disk space eaten by WAL logfiles

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Lee Wu" <Lwu(at)mxlogic(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum full - disk space eaten by WAL logfiles
Date: 2005-01-10 23:00:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Lee Wu" <Lwu(at)mxlogic(dot)com> writes:
> 3. It is "vacuum full" as shown:

Hmm. I'm not able to replicate any such problem here: AFAICS,
checkpoints go through to completion just fine while a VACUUM is
running. This might mean that the problem was fixed between 7.3.2
and 7.3.8 (though I see nothing relevant-looking in the changelog).
Or it might mean that you've not given enough information to let
someone else duplicate the problem. What else is going on in parallel
with the VACUUM? (We know at least some COPY operations...)

Again, it would be useful to know whether the checkpoint process is
making progress or not.