Re: Upgrade to 8.3.0?

From: "Shane Wright" <shane(dot)wright(at)edigitalresearch(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 8.3.0?
Date: 2008-03-01 03:27:50
Lists: pgsql-general

hmm - I don't suppose the RHEL builds already include your patch against this issue? If so I guess it would be useful to know :)

I've run through the steps you outlined to reproduce the fault on a new box (after having reproduced it successfully on test servers), and it does not show the problem:

[root(at)XXXXXXX data]# !psql
psql test -U XXXXX
Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit
test=# create table foo as select null::int as x from generate_series(1,2000) x;
SELECT
test=# delete from foo;
DELETE 2000
test=# select count(*) from foo;
count
-------
0
(1 row)
test=# vacuum full foo;
VACUUM
test=#
test=# set debug_assertions to on;
ERROR: assertion checking is not supported by this build
test=#

The RPMs installed from are these:

postgresql-8.3.0-1PGDG.rhel4
postgresql-libs-8.3.0-1PGDG.rhel4