Re: Missing results from scroll cursor in PostgreSQL 8.3.3?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Missing results from scroll cursor in PostgreSQL 8.3.3?
Date: 2008-09-25 18:01:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Seems like GIST should be able to fake a backwards scan if needed.

Well, it tries --- there is logic in there that pays attention to the
scan direction. Like I say, I don't know the extent of the difficulty.

If we were to decide that it's unfixable, the right thing would be to
have the planner stick a materialize node on top, rather than invent
a specialized kluge for GIST.