back-patching locale environment fix

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: back-patching locale environment fix
Date: 2006-01-04 23:22:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm looking at back-patching these fixes into the release branches:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-12/msg00479.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-01/msg00017.php

This is mostly pretty straightforward, except that the patch depends on
having unsetenv(), which we don't currently have port support for before
8.0. So I'll need to stick src/port/unsetenv.c into the 7.4 and 7.3
branches and add the appropriate configure tests.

This makes the patch a bit larger than I would like, but I don't see a
whole lot of alternative: plperl is simply hazardous to the health of
your database without this change.

Comments, objections?