Re: Add "password_protocol" connection parameter to libpq

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add "password_protocol" connection parameter to libpq
Date: 2019-09-20 17:57:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2019-09-20 at 13:07 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Those are mainly nits, and attached are the changes I would do to
> your
> patch. Please feel free to consider those changes as you see fit.
> Anyway, the base logic looks good to me, so I am switching the patch
> as ready for committer.

Thank you, applied.

* I also changed the comment above pg_fe_scram_channel_bound() to
clarify that the caller must also check that the exchange was
successful.

* I changed the error message when AUTH_REQ_OK is received without
channel binding. It seemed confusing before. I also added a test.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-libpq-parameter-channel_binding.patch text/x-patch 18.0 KB