|From:||Sébastien Lardière <sebastien(at)lardiere(dot)net>|
|To:||Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>|
|Cc:||Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org|
|Subject:||Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
On 31/01/2023 12:26, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:35 PM Sébastien Lardière
> <sebastien(at)lardiere(dot)net> wrote:
>> On 27/01/2023 15:55, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> On 27.01.23 14:52, Sébastien Lardière wrote:
>>>> The attached patch proposes to change the format of timelineid from
>>>> %u to %X.
>>> I think your complaint has merit. But note that if we did a change
>>> like this, then log files or reports from different versions would
>>> have different meaning without a visual difference, which is kind of
>>> what you complained about in the first place. At least we should do
>>> something like 0x%X.
>> Here's the patch with the suggested format ; plus, I add some note in
>> the documentation about recovery_target_timeline, because I don't get
>> how strtoul(), with the special 0 base parameter can work without 0x
>> prefix ; I suppose that nobody use it.
>> I also change pg_controldata and the usage of this output by pg_upgrade.
>> I let internal usages unchanded : content of backup manifest and content
>> of history file.
> The patch seems to have some special/unprintable characters in it. I
> see a lot ^[[ in there. I can't read the patch because of that.
Sorry for that, it was the --color from git diff, it's fixed, I hope,
|Next Message||Sébastien Lardière||2023-01-31 13:03:29||Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format|
|Previous Message||Masahiko Sawada||2023-01-31 12:37:58||Re: Assertion failure in SnapBuildInitialSnapshot()|